As we continue to weather the changes brought on by COVID-19, we wanted to fill you in on what we as a studio are doing to help keep you, your child, and our staff safe. We have been certified in “Safe Studio” procedures (see below) and are following the current CDC guidelines to provide a healthy and safe learning environment.
Outlined below are our “Safe Studio” procedures:
- We have enhanced our already high standards for cleanliness and sanitization of all areas and surfaces.
- Before entering the studio, a no-contact temperature check will be performed on all staff, student, and parents that will be staying with their children in class.
- All students and teachers will be asked to thoroughly wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitizing stations before and after each class/lesson. Parents will be expected to assist their child as needed.
- Students over the age of 5, parents, and staff will be required to wear face masks/shields while in the lobby, classrooms, or studios.
- Social distancing guidelines will be observed in the studios and lobbies. Keyboard and classroom sit-spots will be placed 6 ft. apart in accordance to CDC guidelines.
- We will have disinfecting wipes, sprays, and hand sanitizers readily available, and they will be used as needed during classes.
- Each student will have their own set of instruments, pencils, crayons, etc. There will be no sharing of supplies in class. All instruments will be cleaned and sanitized after each use. If for some reason an instrument or object is shared during class, each student and teacher will disinfect their hands before and after use.
- In our Let’s Play Music classes, we ask that parents assist their child with sanitizing their keyboards, benches, and any shared supplies before leaving the classroom.
- All materials used in lessons or classes will be disinfected between use.
- All restrooms will be disinfected throughout the day, we ask that parents help us by sanitizing the toilets and sinks after each use, using the provided disinfectant wipes.
- We have moved some of our lobby seating into the hallway in order to maximize social distancing.
- The hallway is marked for social distancing when checking in to a class.
- We are offering virtual classes and private lessons for those who are not ready to come into the studio. Please let us know if this is what you prefer.
Thank you so much to all of our students and families for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this new world in which we live. We are open to any suggestions that you may have in order to make you feel more comfortable and safe when dropping off your child for music lessons. We love being a part of your lives, and hope that music will provide some much needed joy and connection throughout these troublesome times.
Stay safe and be blessed,
Owner and Educator of The Music Garden